Saturday, July 9, 2016

Fixing squeaky clutch noise on Toyota Starlet

For the last half year I´ve had a nasty noise develop on the Starlet. It has slowly gotten worse and today I had enough of the sound. Time to fix it!

I did a video of it too help you out. Hope you like it. I think this problem is pretty common on cars with hydralics cluthes. ?


DIY. How to fix a nasty squeaky clutch sound.

This is common problem on some hydralic clutch car.
I first though the terrible sound came from inside, from the cluth pedal or something. Wrong, it comes from where the slave cylinder and fork ( pivot ball )
. Everytime you press the clutch you here the squeaking. It kind of gets on your nerves. :-)

Car: Toyota Starlet EP91 from 1997
Using bearing grease. Most people us white grease. But I didnt have that. The grease must be heat resistant. Preferably Lithium based.

Disclaimer: Myself are not responsible for any damage or injury that may result from use of the this DIY video. Automotive maintenance and repair should be performed by qualified technicians. This DIY is for informational purposes, use it at your own risk.

Time to fix it. This is how I did it.
Be careful so you dont get grease on your clutch though.

No comments:

Post a Comment