Sunday, June 12, 2016

Time to clean and wax the Starlet

Summer time here in Sweden! Finally! Its time to clean and wax the car. Get all that salty grease of the car.
This time my car schampo was finished so I used the dishwater cleaner "Yes" instead. This cleaner removes the old wax also so better get some new on if you wish to keep the varnish fresch on the car.

I usually use Biltema Hard Wax and som snarl-up (se picture). The hard wax got a good test report in the magazine Bilsport (if I remeber correctly, can have been some other paper..). I´ve used it on pretty much all my car lately and find it work good. Especially if the color is fresh from the start and not been thruh som many car washes.

I do the waxing all by hand, and it takes a couple of house. Usully I listen to some good podcast during. It´s a pretty good workout for your arms, hands and shoulder.

The chrome polish I use only when there is a nasty stain that I cant remove otherwise. The same goes for Hagmans lackrengöring.

These automated car washes I try to avoid. Here it is the company car that gets clean.


2 comments:

  1. Per-Gunnar..
    Evenemang på G för Toyota Starlet. Har du Facebook så kan jag länka, men annars berättar jag mera per mail. Har skickat dit nytt mail med uppdateringar och bilder. / Marcus, Kolsva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Marcus!
    Japp har Facebook. Evenemang för Toyota Starlet, nu blir jag nyfiken. :-)
    Ahah, sorry kollar inte levafrimailen så ofta. Nu såg jag ditt mail. Kul med uppdatering, ser bra ut. Ska få ihop ett inlägg vad tiden lider. Har varit mycket på sistone bara. Kommer så småningom. :)

    ReplyDelete