Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ordering Cambelt and Oilfilter for the Toyota Starlet 4E-FE

Time to order some replacement parts.
First: Service interval, replacing fluids and so on.

From Toyota Corolla E11 manual
From Toyota Corolla E11 manual

From Corolla E11 manual, same engine 4efe as in Starlet.
From Corolla E11 manual, same engine 4efe as in Starlet.

Oilfilters. Bosch is probably best but its a bit expensive and I think this will do..
From Biltema, I just dont want there logo so....

I ordered it from skruvat.se instead.

Cambelt Gates 5358XS

Comparing partnumber from Toyota original.

Gates belt seem good enough, know many who has them, and hasnt complain.


Picture of Starlet Oil Filter, I think this is for the Turbo

My order..  Shipping only 29 kr, not much.


If I would have bought the belt from the firm Mekonomen it would have cost about 500 SEK. And they didn't have it in there shop so I ordered online instead..


----------------------  -----------
[EDIT 2018-04-24]
Just bought another oil filter for the Starlet ..

I decided to go for a one with anti-drain-valve, also known as non return valve (Backspärrventil / Backventil in Swedish). This keeps the oil in the oilchannels when the Engine is turned off, so there should be more oil availble when restarting the Engine. = Less friction when starting = better.

This is the one I bought from Skruvat.se:
WIX WL7131


No comments:

Post a Comment