Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Preventive maintenance: Changing cambelt video, Toyota Starlet, 4E-FE

Video of me changing cambelt in my car.

Date of replacement: 2015-07-20

I did not change the tensioner pulley and the idle-pulley, the condition were fine. Felt perfect in their bearings and the car has only done 76090 km, so I only changed the belt. If the bearing is going bad you will here them also. Hey this is Toyota quality, they will last atlest double the miles before they need replacement.

Part 1
Part 2


----------------------------  -------------------

[EDIT 2019-01-22]
Always glad when I get some emails from people pleased with the videos and that it helped them out.

----------- Mail -------------
Johnny from Australia

"I'm writing to you from Australia after watching your videos and reading your steps for changing the timing belt on a Toyota starlet 1997. Same car as me!

Thanks to you, I successfully replaced the belt, tensioner, idler (and water pump while I was in there...)

It was really helpful to watch how you did it. Thanks so much!"

"I've attached more of the water pump and tensioner/idler if you want to post those too. I only drive the car maybe 200km in a whole week, but so far I have had it for 12 years and only changed the oil regularly. I did have to replace the CV joints once (both) as they were leaky, but that's it! Great car."


Here's some photos.


--------------- Thank you Johnny for your supportive email and pictures! :-) -----------

No comments:

Post a Comment